The South Coast Air Quality Management District is the government body responsible for ensuring that the air quality is protected for significant portions of Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Los Angeles counties. It is managed by a Governing Board consisting of 13 representatives. There is currently one vacancy on the board, and that position is appointed by the governor.
We encourage you to contact Governor Newsom’s office and urge him to appoint somebody who will prioritize protecting the community from pollution, from catastrophic accidents as well as continual low-level air pollution.
Gov. Newsom Contact Information:
Link to Email him:
Phone: (916) 445-2841
Fax: (916) 558-3160
Governor Gavin Newsom
1303 10th Street, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814
- “M”HF puts hundreds of thousands of people at risk of death or serious injury.
- Two local refineries use tons of it.
- Refineries could not contain a major release.
- People could not evacuate.
- Nearby people would have no warning, could not Shelter In Place.
- Medical facilities and emergency responders are not prepared to cope with a major “M”HF release.
- Get “M”HF out of our communities.